Wednesday, March 04, 2009

John Lennon 老早就說了, "All you need is love" 你還沒有聽見嗎?

The last warning sign of End-stage anxiety has finally set in: labial herpes.
As a break from the exhaustion from post-PACES anxiety syndrome, we watched the Slumdog Millioniare.

Photobucket

This is of no doubt a great movie, possibly one of the greatest in years. It has all the essential elements that it takes to become one:
A breathtaking and inspiring story (with elements of romance in it)
+ A genius as the director (you don't know Danny Boyle? Oh c'mon you gotta be kidding me)
+ Another genius as the music director (Okay I've never heard of A.R. Rahman either. I'll go back and read up. But his OST has just entered my must-buy list.)
+ A cute couple as the leading characters
+ A bunch of lovely kids as the side characters
+ A series of gimmicks
+ A bigger message behind
= A Hollywood blockbuster
Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not into the movie. I'm loving it. I played Jai-Ho in my computer all day long these days.

This is a movie of hope and love.
But there are so much darkness brought about by this movie.
And by the darkness, I am overwhelmed.
(...this somewhat defeat the purpose of seeing this movie in the first place...)

Photobucket

無論是披著羊皮的拐子佬請天真瀾漫的小 Salim 和小 Jamal 喝可樂的一幕, 還是 Dev Patel 凝著一眶淚水說 "I wake up every morning wishing I didn't know the answer to that question..." 的一幕, 下下都腰心腰肺, 腰到你爆。

要煽情不難
要煽情而不落俗套 卻絕不容易
憑著淺薄的舞臺經驗
我可以想像
參與拍攝 Slumdog Millionaire 絕對會是一個快樂而奇妙的旅程

忽然想到
或許 Danny Boyle 拍這片子的時候並沒有想太多
沒有想著印度教, 伊斯蘭教, 錫克教還有佛教之間, 動辄死傷上萬的恐怖流血衝突
沒有想著千千萬萬在垃圾堆中覓食的孩子的未來
沒有想著那幾名小童星有沒有能力承受荷里活的紙醉金迷, 然後再回到孟買的貧民窟生活下去
沒有想著印度以至中國還有無數第三世界國家裡面, 人口販賣如何猖厥

他可能只是單純想著要說一個故事
說一個關於夢想與愛的故事
我或許是想多了

Photobucket

I apologize for writing this unorganized, may be even disturbing entry.
Hey, I'm not a professional film critic plus I felt blue these days.
What do you expect!

No comments:

_____樓梯街的光影痕跡__________________________________